Monday, March 31, 2008

Raindrops on Roses

...and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and worm woollen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things."

"Hello Dolly, well Hello Dolly..."

"Ding ding ding went the trolley, ring ring ring went the bell, sing sing sing went my heartstrings, when he smiled I could feel the car shake."


"Bye, bye Birdie. Ta ta old sweetie pie. Bye Bye Birdie...time for me to fly!"

"Come on with the rain I've a smile on my face! I'll walk down the lane with a happy refrain, just singing, singing in the rain!."

"I could have danced all night. I could have danced all night, and still have begged for more. I could have spread my wings, and done a thousand things, I've never done before..."

"His royal highness, Christopher Rupert son of his majesty King Maximilian...is giving a BALL."


Some of my favorite numbers from musicals gone by are represented above. The lyrics in themselves are not profound, they don't have anything of deep significance to say, but...for some reason, those songs can pull me from a funk like nothing else. Maybe it's the cheery tunes, or the knowledge that at the end of the movie the guy will have the girl and there will be a fantastic display of color, dancing and grander that will encompass the finale. I dunno really...I just really like musicals.

I'm taking a study break at the moment. I've got a test in the morning...eeek. I hope it goes well.
I don't really have much to say at the moment, except to ask for some prayer from whoever reads this. God is continuing to pull me through some stuff, and it's not easy nor fun, but I know it's for the best. He has a plan. :-)

Anyway, that's about all for now...

1 comment:

T.J. Mercer said...

did you have to use that line from Cinderella?