Wednesday, March 19, 2008

On A Day Like This...

Today I woke up at about 7:10.
"Alysha, we thought you weren't a morning person!"

I'm not.

I was awake for two reasons. One because my slot for pre-registration opened up at 7:30 and I was determined to register at exactly that time so that I could get a class at the time I wanted...
Imagine:
Sitting at the computer anxious to know if I was able to beat the rush and claim one of the last 2 spots available: heart pounding, mind racing...

Ok that was a bit much...note to self: skip dramatic suspense element when no actual 'drama' is involved.

Ahem. Back to the story.

See the situation was this: If I got the time spot I wanted I would have a class from 12:00-12:50. Not the best time ever, but workable. I would still get lunch so that was cool. If I did not get the spot I wanted, I would be doing a night class from 7-8:15pm. Not fun.
I don't hate night classes, but by that time, my attention span is pretty much shot.

The second reason was that I had a test today in Doctrine II. This normally wouldn't be so bad, except that I hadn't really studied as much as I needed to. I didn't just not study, but in all honesty, I did not feel well prepared for the test. I decided I'd get some more time in after the whole classes thing was settled.
Now, you may be surprised at my lack of studying...so was I. I have been in a slump as of late. I don't want to work on things, I just want school to be over. This is a bad position to be in normally but especially now. I only have about five-six weeks left of school and this is the time when professors cram papers and tests and projects into the schedule. Sometimes, I think it's to see which one of them can make you cry first, but hey I could be wrong. ;-)

Yeah, so I didn't get too much more studying in before the test, but it is now over...and no I don't know how I did. I don't think I did horribly, but I'm honestly not sure what kind of grade I'll get. We'll see.
Well it's time for me to eat lunch...so I'm off.
P.S. Yes, I did get the 12-12:50 spot. :-)

2 comments:

T.J. Mercer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.J. Mercer said...

No, professors actually will do that. I've heard some of them admit it. It's a kind of competition they have with each other. What's bad is when two of them are neck and neck- then life is "dramatic".