Friday, July 4, 2008

Amazing Grace...

"How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now I'm found,
Was blind but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come.
'Twas grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Then when we first begun."


I watched the movie Amazing Grace today for the first time, and while the caliber of the movie was in itself pretty high, and the acting amazing...the story was simply breathtaking.
The story struck me because...at the beginning the 'hero' was trying to decide whether he needed to work for Parliament or for God. He was encouraged that he could accomplish both. That hit me...because...you can be working for God and still make an impact on the world by means of government...or of art. Yes, you knew it would come back to art.
Sometimes I wonder if a career in the arts is really what I'm supposed to do. Is it really serving God in the right way...but seeing that movie really encouraged me. God has given me a passion for the arts and a passion for reaching people...and I know He will show me how to weld those two together.

"...my chains are gone...I've been set free!"
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I LOVE the new layout!!

And I really want to see that movie. It looked amazing.

And thanks for the comment on my blog :D I appreciate it!

MiLkY said...

As I've heard many pastors say, every christian is in full time ministry- we're all just in a different area.

I want to see that movie too.