Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Prince...Charming?

Disclaimer:
Please do not think I'm a man hater after reading this cause I'm not...I just need to get some stuff out and a blog seems like this is the perfect place to vent...so here we go.

***********************

I am sick and tired of guys being lazy. Yes I said it...LAZY! I'm not talking about the whole guy sitting on the couch watching a football game, yelling for someone to bring him a drink lazy (although that gets under my skin too). I'm talking about guys not stepping it up when it comes to relationships.

Oh stop groaning. Recently, a very dear friend of mine went out on a limb and admitted having feelings for a guy, to his face...now without going into all the details surrounding her decision to confess that, just know that I believe she did the right thing. She wasn't doing it to ask him out or to 'take charge' in the situation, but to tell him how hard it was for her to be around him and his girlfriend. This guy was a good friend of hers. He took it in stride and things seemed okay. He agreed to not hang out with her and his girlfriend at the same time...
WELL...apparently his attention span lasted a total of eight hours because tonight he wanted to bring his girlfriend over to hang out with our group. BAD IDEA! I mean seriously, how insensitive can you be?
Now, I realize that this does not include all guys, and honestly I don't hate men and I don't think all of them are lazy, or whatnot, but this reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly burned me. This is not the first time something like this has happened either.

Anyway, that combined with some other stuff has made me really not happy with the male population as of right now...
I mean seriously, I'm beginning to think that the world is populated with toads...and I'm sorry I'm not kissing my way through them to find Prince Charming.
He's gonna have to get off his tush, find his white horse and start galloping towards the castle.

Okay, I'm done now...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I mean seriously, I'm beginning to think that the world is populated with toads...and I'm sorry I'm not kissing my way through them to find Prince Charming.
He's gonna have to get off his tush, find his white horse and start galloping towards the castle."

AMEN, SISTA! I couldn't have said it better myself!

MiLkY said...

*croak*