Saturday, July 18, 2009

Two for one today

This kinda describes how I'm feeling at the moment...

"I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music

And it breaks my heart...
It breaks my heart


--Regina Spektor: Fidelity (well, parts)


The music video for this song is amazing. During the whole thing she is "dating" a mannequin with no head, but in the last scene she breaks open her heart necklace and out pours all kinds of colored dust and then her 'fake guy' turns real and they have a colored dust fight. It made me really happy hehe.

I keep feeling like this is all a dream...that I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and things will be back to normal...I...know that can't happen. I know what I'd love to do but I can't do that, I can't even say what I want to say I...I...well...that's all for now.

1 comment:

laura.elizabeth said...

I love that song! The lyrics come to my mind kind of often, especially the whole bit about "always one foot on the ground."

BTW...I MISS you!!!