Thursday, September 3, 2009

What A Heart Is Beating For...

Well...

If someone told me about a month ago that asking God to teach me about love would shake things up in my life so much, would I have done it? I'm not sure. But...the thing is, that although things might be unsettling right now He *is* teaching me about love. HIS love. My love fails, my love puts undue pressure into things, my love is selfish, HIS love is selfLESS. I want to share that kind of love. And...I don't want to be afraid of love. Yes, love of any sort is messy and unpredictable and can cause a whole lot of chaos but in the end, choosing to love someone, be it a parent, friend, spouse/significant other...or even someone who is your 'mortal enemy' is a very freeing experience. Love, I'm convinced is a choice we have to make every day of our lives. Yes, the fuzzy feelings are there, but love is more than that as I'm sure all of you know. Love is more than saying "I love you" to someone. It's the small things...it's the choices we make every day. Saying the words without that seems hollow to me...but it's exactly what I do. I tell people I love them but I'm afraid I don't have the actions to back that up. I don't have the Love of Christ in me for them. It's a selfish thing.

Jesus, please help me be selfless and no matter what to never stop giving YOUR love to people. God please keep teaching me about love. No matter if it hurts...God I want to learn.

No comments: