Friday, January 30, 2009

Survey: Read to the end...there's a story

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my middle name. I was named after my great-grandma.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I think...hmm...a few days ago...

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Eh. At times...

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I'm not a big meat fan, but I'd have to say turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Nope

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so...

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Well, um...lets see...um...yes.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, yes I do.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Eh...maybe...I'd rather skydive.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
hmmm Granola.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Nope

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Butter Pecan, cinnamon swirl

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Smiles/Eyes

14. RED OR PINK?
Depends on my mood. I like them both
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Legs
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Well gosh...um...lets see...I miss lots of people a lot.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Nah...only a couple if they want to but I doubt anyone will.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pants = Blue. No shoes.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Stefanie talking to me.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Well, I'm not sure. Stef says I'd be purple...or green. I say either those or a happy yellow.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Pumpkin, Vanilla, I like citris...freshly baked bread...flowers...green apple...dove soap...guy cologne...my perfume...popcorn...pizza...basically I just love smells. :-)
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My Dad
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Basketball, tennis, hockey...volleyball...soccer...
24. HAIR COLOR? brown with blonde highlights
25. EYE COLOR? Well it depends on the day. Stefanie says 'fantasy' and I like that so we'll go with it.
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nada
27. FAVORITE FOOD? Pancakes
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?happy endings
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?Inkheart
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Purple
31. SUMMER OR WINTER?? Summer for the no school...Winter for the weather
32. HUGS OR KISSES? I like both
33. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No one
34. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everyone
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? Um...Wild At Heart, Walking with God, HP 5, Graceling...
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have one
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Don't have tv at school
38. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Not sure. I like music...I like the sound of my cat purring...
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I like some of both
40. WHAT’S THE FARTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Croatia, London, Germany
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Writing
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?Atlanta
43. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? I will be surprised if anyone does this
44. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Well let's see...one day, during my time as a closet world traveler... whilst I was in a hot air balloon...the wind picked up rather suddenly. I floated aimlessly until I saw that the balloon was losing altitude and heading straight for a mass of rather pointy branches. I didnt know what to do, there wasn't really anything I could do. Well, yes the inevitable happened because really what else could in a story like this. My hot air balloon got caught in the branches...and I was left there wondering if I should climb down or not. It was getting pretty dark and I began to see some rather unpleasant wildlife wandering below...then out of nowhere...I heard a voice say "Need any help?"
I looked down...and there...looking resplendent...was...
Mrs. Kandervian. A wealthy woman of prominence in the area. She signaled for her hunting party to come and some of the men helped me down. She then decided I was in need of matchmaking and decided to whisk me away to her estate for a ball she was giving.
I can't remember much about the ball except that I was wearing a gorgeous Burgundy dress that swished when I walked. All I know is that when I got downstairs...there wasn't one man under the age of 65. I gulped and made a decision that I was going to get out of there as soon as possible, but there was no way out. I danced and talked and laughed and tried to plot my escape...
One of the servants took pity on my plight and let me out through a hole in the wall. Thankfully it was summer so I wasn't freezing in that dress. I was able to hot wire a motorbike (Mrs. K was very eccentric in her collection of gas powered devices) and drive to the nearest town where i sold the dress and jewelry, bought new clothes...and an airplane ticket back to the states. I realized that I was going to be late for my first day of my new classes so I booked it to the school...I walked in...sat down and was promptly introduced to a guitar playing, writer with blue eyes and a fond attachment to his Fedora. We became fast friends and...well since I'm not one to prolong stories or anything...*snort* the rest is history. And that my dear children is how I met my 'significant other.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was an interesting story.

I miss you.

MiLkY said...

Can I fill in the rest from after "Fedora"? ;-)I think I know the rest...