Monday, April 14, 2008

Searing Love

I cried out when Your touch ripped open the wounds
Surrounding my heart.
I lay there my hurt exposed
Desperate to numb myself again

You spoke words of peace to my shattered world
But in my misery they only succeeded to tear me apart
I did not realize my agony was Yours

I could not feel the tears You wept
As You drug the claws from my soul
I fought You every moment I could
But You never left my side

When I tried to run
I fell among thorns
I felt the sting as I hit the ground
Silently screaming
I longed to suffocate in my self pity

Oh the pain of searing love
The burning fire of redemption
I never had a will to see
The piercing knife of refinement

I could only see my lost desire
I cut myself from You again
And built a foundation worthless as clay

You charged in and struck it down
I felt myself falling
Wrapping my arms around my body
Longing for this to end, I cried out to You…

I was not lost to the dark
You caught me in Your arms
And I finally opened my heart

Oh the pain of searing love
You tear away my idols
Your touch brings healing
To my blood stained soul
But the scars haven’t faded

Alysha -- 2008

No comments: